Thank you to Domina Jen for nominating us. We read her blog regularly and are very honored that she picked us. We don’t do these very often but this nomination came from someone who we both read regularly so I thought I would put my toe in the water.
Rules for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and inform them.
So… seven things about me (Charmer)… And this is harder than I thought…
- Like Domina Jen, I love the desert. I didn’t grow up here and actually hated it when I moved here in high school. I came from Colorado and mountains and snow. This was “barren.” But I have learned to love the sunsets and the subtle colors. Tucson is a high desert and we are surrounded by mountains. We can be at over 9000 feet above sea level within an hour and then swimming when we come home. I miss the snow but we do get the occasional freak snow and then we get snow days and go outside and play in the inch or so that falls.
- One of my (our) favorite things to do is travel and one of our all-time favorite places that we have visited is Estonia. We went on a shore excursion from a cruise and it was so beautiful. We rode bikes for the first time in years, visited an outdoor museum, wandered in Old Town and vowed to go back one day. Every person who we met was so nice and welcoming.
- My guilty pleasure is ziplining. The first time was in Alaska near Juneau. Two hundred feet in the air and flying through the rainforest there. It was exhilarating after the initial terror and I was hooked. Since then we have done it in Vancouver, BC and Belize through a cave which was so amazingly cool.
- I probably ought to mention that I am, in general, an adrenaline junkie. Roller coasters are my favorite thing in theme parks. And the faster and twistier and crazier–so much better. In college, we used to climb through underground lava tubes. We also had a friend with a 4 wheel drive truck who used to take us on crazy adventures. One of which Snake got out of the truck, refused to go with us and was really pissed at me for going. It was so much fun though. We climbed a fire watch tower that was unprotected and over 8000 feet above sea level…in a crazy wind with that same friend… I am slightly less crazy now but I still love a rush. [Snake: I don’t know about this slightly less crazy thing. Perhaps “differently crazy?” Trust me on this.]
- If there is reincarnation, I want to come back as a house cat. I love cats. I like dogs but I just can’t connect with them the same way. Cats fit my personality because they don’t “need” me so I feel honored when they choose to give me attention. [Snake: I’m certain this one won’t surprise anyone that knows her.]
- I am a voracious reader. I always have been. One summer my mother was convinced that something was wrong with me because I didn’t want to play outside with the other kids. Nope. I was thrilled to be able to read book after book all summer long. I read almost everything except romance books. My Kindle is my constant companion whenever I go anywhere. It certainly has made my suitcases a lot lighter—I used to pack a small library whenever we traveled.
- I am a super nerdy fan of Supernatural. We have gone to two conventions (Burbank and Vancouver) and I have pictures with most of the major stars. And when I get my first tattoo, still plotting it, it will be something related to the TV show. [Snake: I can’t wait to see it. And Supernatural rocks!]
And we are recommending these amazing blogs:
15 Replies to “One Lovely Blog Award”
Great blog! I love the games.
Did you enjoy Scoobynatural?
It’s still on the DVR because I can’t watch it alone. But I’ve wanted to cheat. Lol
I loved Tuscon every time I’ve been there. It’s such a pretty area. And I love that option of being able to go to the mountains when you want a break from the heat. We’ve got a mountain like that here, too.
And I love to read, too. My mom used to joke that she could never ground me because I’d just read and be perfectly happy, and she didn’t want to take books away. But I just haven’t been able to get into using a Kindle or any reader. I still have to pack the library when I travel. Was there an adjustment period for you? How did you make the switch?
I fought hard to NOT get a Kindle. Snake finally just gave up and bought it for me knowing that I would try it because I’m cheap and hate to waste money. It was definitely an adjustment period for me but the newer ones are much easier than the originals. Swiping is just like using the phone so it feels pretty natural. I’m not much of a fan of the app on my phone because it is too small. I’m constantly swiping to get to the next page.
And the Kindle fits on my bath rack much easier than a book.
If you every come to Tucson, let us know and maybe we can get together!
I miss Tucson. Great place to live. I still visit a few times a year. Best time in my life there
It is pretty great
I love it. Great scenery too
I love to read. It’s by far my preferred form of entertainment.
And I’m going to make a guess — based on the locations of your ziplining adventures and the use of the term ‘shore excursion’ — that you two are cruisers. I love Love LOVE cruising. As far as I’m concerned, it’s the absolute best way to travel. Your “home base” floats, onboard entertainment is included, and you get to visit multiple locations (sometimes multiple countries) in the course of 1-2 weeks. My hubby and I are hoping to take a repositioning cruise (Seattle to Miami or vice versa) through the Panama Canal soon, and (fingers crossed!) a two week trip around the Hawaiian islands. 🙂
Guilty as charged. We love cruising too. We don’t have to pack and unpack multiple times, we get food options and have become completely spoiled by the experience. Our next plan is South America around the cape in a couple of years. 🙂
Wow, thanks for the nomination. I will have to participate this week after my marathon late night calla with Asia!
Congratulation. Well deserved too
Thank you 😊
You are so welcome. I always enjoy your posts
Thank you for nominating my blog. Very kind of you 🙂
It is really good. We read it regularly 😊